Is NDPS compatible with NW SMP?
- NDPS 1.0 is not compatible with SMP.
Can you use either IPX or IP as the protocol with NDPS?
- NDPS 1.0 supports IPX only. With the next version of NetWare NDPS will be the default print solution and will support both IPX and IP.
Can I use this to charge people for the printing that they do? And how would I do that ?
- Limited reporting (i.e., page count on some printers that have bidirectional support) is available with NDPS 1.0. NetWare 6.5 will have more robust reporting that will be able to used for accounting purposes. See the documentation for NetWare 6.5 at www.novell.com/documentation for that information.
Does this require user connections off of the server, similar to what a print server requires?
- Between three to five connections are required by NDPS at any given time. Unlike Novell's current PSERVER, NDPS does NOT take any additional connections for each printer. In other words, you can support a number of printers, limited only by memory and disk space, without consuming connections.
When will Mac be fully supported?
- Mac clients in the foreseeable future will only be supported through the backward compatibility modes in NDPS (service through a queue).
Does NDPS work with Jet Admin?
- Yes. For additional information contact Hewlett Packard.